This is part of the synchroblog on waiting, to celebrate the release of Those Who Wait: Finding God in Disappointment, Doubt and Delay by Tanya Marlow – out now.
We are not very good at waiting. If there are two people ahead of us at the grocery store or our computer thinks for 3 seconds after we type in the search engine, we gritch and moan. But let's face it, I am not God and neither are you. There is so much in the world, from traffic jams to disease that we have no control over. So oftentimes, wait we must. God promises in Isaiah 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." NASB That sounds great and all, but I still become impatient when I need to hold my horses. So here, in the order they came to me, are 10 things I am currently waiting for - from the silly to the serious.
1. The next episode of "This is Us". I drank the Kool-Aid. It is the best show on television. Must-see TV around my house.
2. A successful seizure treatment for my daughter.
3. My twelve-year-old to clean her room.
4. Cooler weather. I live in Texas, so let's face it, we could have 2 days of cold weather or 2 months. Your guess is as good as mine. Last year it seemed like we only had about 2 hours so I am ready to break out the boots and sweaters this year.
5. Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am a holiday dork to the nth degree and I love to get together with my family.
6. Surgical revisions from my double mastectomy. I am waiting for a call to get a date on the calendar, and I am loosing patience. I have literally one bra that fits and I refuse to spend money on any others until this is all over with and my new shape is settled.
7. To be in my forever home. I am just passing through and plan on enjoying myself and making myself useful for as long as I am here. But I look forward to seeing my Savior face to face.
8. To loose weight. I am really working on it, but it's proving to be so difficult that I am wishing Christ could hasten His second coming. Which would end the waiting on #7.
9. My busy friends to have time to hang out. Who am I kidding? I am as busy as the next girl, but that doesn't change the fact that I want a Girl's Night Out.
10. To feel like I am really walking in this discipline of writing and serving God with it to my full potential. But I'm not 100% sure what that looks like.
What are you waiting for? Silly or serious, post a comment. Join the conversation.